Friday, April 5, 2013

Possible career in Guidance Counselor

Hello!

So, for the most part, my previous career blogs have dealt with something in the medical field, but i want to change the direction in this blog cycle.

I find a certain interest in becoming a guidance counselor, specifically for high school students.  I was inspired by the counselors of our school (Mr. Duran is my counselor). I find this career to be rather appealing because, as a high school guidance counselor, I would be able to help students find the right path and make something of themselves once they leave high school.  The impact that a guidance counselor has on a student's potential is huge.  I could help students with setting up their schedules, and be there every step of the way as they find the career path they want to pursue.  And, not only would i be able to help them with their schedule, i would also wish to be able to help students out with their issues, either pertaining to their education or any other aspect in their lives.

As seen from my other career choices, i find true joy in giving to others and aiding in the happiness and success in others, which is why becoming a high school guidance counselor is definitely in the cards for me. And i know that i've made a blog about being a teen guidance counselor before, but this time, i want to help with their educational lives rather than just simply their social issues.

2 comments:

  1. Tommy i'm so happy to see that theres still people out there that want to help people. I believe you'd be very good at being a high school counselor. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Witthaus may be the best counselor I've seen at Westmont in 14 years. Track her down and pick her brain. See if Whitney will bring her along to chat over lunch or coffee this summer. Seriously, you've got a great opportunity there, and the timing is perfect as you and she enter your senior year. Take advantage!

    ReplyDelete